HC Heavy Combination Truck Licence
A HC (Heavy Combination) is a truck or prime mover towing 1 trailer. You must have held a MR or HR licence for at least 12 months to be eligible.
- Any motor vehicle with three or more axles and more than 8 tonnes GVM.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM.
- Also includes vehicles in class MR and articulated Buses.
- Have held a Class C, LR or MR licence (not a learner) for periods totalling at least two years.
- Complete the Roads and Maritime Service Rigid knowledge test and obtain a Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA) logbook and guidebook.
Applicants will receive up to 10 hours training and assessments time, however a 48 hours notice is required by Roads and Maritime Services for the final competency to be conducted. Learning Contents:
During the course, applicants will learn and perform the following competencies and tasks:
- Pre Operational Checks
- Cabin Drill
- Start, Move Off, Shut Down & Secure
- Manage Steering
- Manage Gears
- Manage Brakes
- Manage Accelerator
- Create/Maintain Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Protect Crash Avoidance Space (CAS)
- Road Rules & Directions
- Hill Stop/Start
- Load Securing
- Bus Stop Procedure- BUS ONLY
- Final Competency Test
- Summative Assessment